Senior Interior Designer
Are you ready for the Journey? We’re a global team of pioneers on a mission to create the next generation of customer experiences. We leverage our diverse range of thought leadership, deep subject matter expertise, and innovative capabilities to lead the Journey into the future of human experiences. Our people share a seeking, building, joyful ethos, attracting the best in reimagining the physical and creating new worlds and realities of the future.
We are always looking for talented Senior Designer to join our award-winning design team at Journey’s Physical Studio!
About our Physical Studio:
Our physical studio was formed through the acquisition of ICRAVE (www.icrave.com) in December 2021, an industry thought leader in strategy, interior, and experience design. ICRAVE has collaborated with both Fortune 500 brands and up-and-coming companies across a variety of sectors including health care, airport & transportation, restaurants and hospitality, sporting stadiums, entertainment ventures, and commercial real estate across the world. The business was founded by Lionel Ohayon in 2002, a visionary in architectural and experience design, who is both a Founder and Chief Creative Officer of Journey.
As our Senior Designer, you will work with architects, interior designers, and our external clients, to create and produce beautiful and functional designs for multiple project types. You will show creative leadership for your assigned projects and be an active and reliable resource for other project teams.
Every day, responsible for managing medium to complex projects with minimal supervision from more senior team members, including client and vendor coordination. Additionally, you will:
- Lead and collaborate with your project team to create and develop projects through all design phases
- Be knowledgeable of the latest industry trends and an active participate industry events
- Be able to manage resources and drive projects successfully through the design process
- Be able to conceptualize ideas for projects and communicate them clearly and strategically with clients
- Plan and strategize appropriate schedules and pre-design efforts
- Craft elaborate client presentations using InDesign
- Develop space planning strategies and programming models
- Produce 3D models, sketches and boards to support your ideas
- Create, produce and manage detailed design drawings using Revit or AutoCad
- Lead and communicate with the client and client’s team throughout the construction process
- Select, specify and design FF&E as well as architectural finishes
- Participate and lead meetings and presentations
- Lead projects of various sizes based on experience and demonstrated growth within the studio
- Be expected to apply creativity, rigor and passion to your work
- Be expected to be an active participant and a positive influence on the creative culture of the studio
- Be expected to bring new ideas daily
- Be expected to navigate the construction process and successfully execute the design
To thrive in this role, you should have extensive experience in hospitality architectural and/or interior design, with strong communication skills and the ability to express ideas thoroughly. You are a stellar project and time manager who can handle several projects with changing requirements, client requests, and tight deadlines. Additionally, you:
- Have experience managing complex client accounts
- Have experience presenting to clients and / or the client’s team
- Be proficient in creating and reviewing drawing sets in Revit or AutoCad
- Be proficient in anticipating next steps and orientating the team to appropriate goals
- Be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Possess the ability to model in 3D Max, Rhino, Sketchup or Revit
The expected salary range for this position is $90,000-$110,000. We will consider relevant experience, qualifications, location and other job-related factors in determining compensation.
Founded in 2022, Journey has quickly grown to over 200 employees through key acquisitions of leading companies across diverse industries and specialties. A world-renown architectural design firm, experts in conversational AI, an award-winning immersive studio, and a couple of metaverse strategy and gaming design pioneers have combined capabilities and expertise to form one Journey. With our diverse set of offerings, talents, experiences, and backgrounds across our globally distributed team, we’re now able to offer our brand partners an offering unlike any other. And we’re just getting started. We’re on a mission to lead the Journey toward shaping and creating the future of the human experience.
Our focus is on a creating a culture of support that is transparent, open, and flexible; an employee experience that attracts and grows the best and brightest talent. We are passionate about helping Journey's success through growth, empowerment, and retention of our best asset – YOU.
The six core Journey values embody our spirit and mindset. These values are embedded in our DNA and we always strive to demonstrate these values in the way we show up to work.
- We are explorers: We value curiosity, bravery, seeking knowledge, trying something new, failing, and trying again. We remain on an endless journey of discovery with always more to explore.
- We show up: We don’t wait for answers. We seek out solutions, we figure it out, we engage, we continue to learn, we ask questions, we are self starters.
- We are authentic: We don’t use jargon, we speak simply, we are reliable, we are honest, we are ego-less, we assume good, we respect others and their voice.
- We are fearless: We solve tough challenges, we move the needle, we have fun, we speak up, we draw strength from our team members. We embrace the change that is constant in our world.
- We are experts: We strive to deliver the highest quality of work to ourselves and our clients. We value our thinking and want to partner with clients in opportunities to move the needle.
- We are collaborators: We strive to improve our collective by sharing new ideas, skills, and perspectives. We work to partner across boundaries and keep minds and opens and we co-create our future.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without work authorization.
Journey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, care/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know at email@example.com
Our Mission & Values:
Journey is committed to creating a culture of support that is transparent, open, and flexible; we foster an employee experience that attracts the best and brightest talent.
Journey succeeds through the growth, empowerment, and retention of our greatest asset – You.
The six core Journey values embody our spirit and mindset. These values are embedded in our DNA, and we always strive to demonstrate them in everything we do.