Design Director (Physical)
Are you ready for the Journey? We’re a global team of pioneers on a mission to create the next generation of customer experiences. We leverage our diverse range of thought leadership, deep subject matter expertise, and innovative capabilities to lead the Journey into the future of human experiences. Our people share a seeking, building, joyful ethos, attracting the best in reimagining the physical and creating new worlds and realities of the future.
We're looking for talented Architectural/Interior Design Directors to join ICRAVE (Journey's Physical Studio)!
About our Physical Studio:
Our physical studio was formed through the acquisition of ICRAVE (www.icrave.com) in December 2021, an industry thought leader in strategy, interior, and experience design. ICRAVE has collaborated with both Fortune 500 brands and up-and-coming companies across a variety of sectors including health care, airport & transportation, restaurants and hospitality, sporting stadiums, entertainment ventures, and commercial real estate across the world. The business was founded by Lionel Ohayon in 2002, a visionary in architectural and experience design, who is both a Founder and Chief Creative Officer of Journey.
About the Position:
As our Design Director, you will bring an elevated visual design aesthetic, conceptual thought process, and design leadership to the Physical Studio projects and team. You will be a hands-on leader, generating compelling creative ideas and bringing them to life from concept through completion. Everyday, you will serve as a strategic design thought leader, guiding the interior design team, supervising and mentoring mid-career, junior, and/or intern interior designers.
Additionally, you will:
- Lead and guide multiple design projects from conception through completion in accordance with the client’s vision, schedule, and budget.
- Partner with clients to understand pain-points and challenges. Come up with viable design solutions that are functional and aesthetically captivating all while overcome and solve client challenges.
- Bring a high-level of business acumen to the design team.
- Participate and help drive business development opportunities, including informal client meetings, formal client meetings, pitch presentations, and project interviews
- Be expected to be an active participant and a positive influence on the creative culture of the studio
To thrive in this role, you should have extensive experience in hospitality architectural and/or interior design, with strong communication and leadership skills. You are a design thinker and thought leader, with a high-level of business acumen. You are a mix of strategic and creative, with the ability to create great form while embracing sound business strategy. Additionally, you:
- Have experience managing complex client accounts with experience leading high-profile client projects
- You are both a technical and creative design expert
- Be proficient in creating and reviewing drawing sets in Revit or AutoCad
Founded in 2022, Journey has quickly grown to over 200 employees through key acquisitions of leading companies across diverse industries and specialties. A world-renown architectural design firm, experts in conversational AI, an award-winning immersive studio, and a couple of metaverse strategy and gaming design pioneers have combined capabilities and expertise to form one Journey. With our diverse set of offerings, talents, experiences, and backgrounds across our globally distributed team, we’re now able to offer our brand partners an offering unlike any other. And we’re just getting started. We’re on a mission to lead the Journey toward shaping and creating the future of the human experience.
Our focus is on a creating a culture of support that is transparent, open, and flexible; an employee experience that attracts and grows the best and brightest talent. We are passionate about helping Journey's success through growth, empowerment, and retention of our best asset – YOU.
The six core Journey values embody our spirit and mindset. These values are embedded in our DNA and we always strive to demonstrate these values in the way we show up to work.
- We are explorers: We value curiosity, bravery, seeking knowledge, trying something new, failing, and trying again. We remain on an endless journey of discovery with always more to explore.
- We show up: We don’t wait for answers. We seek out solutions, we figure it out, we engage, we continue to learn, we ask questions, we are self starters.
- We are authentic: We don’t use jargon, we speak simply, we are reliable, we are honest, we are ego-less, we assume good, we respect others and their voice.
- We are fearless: We solve tough challenges, we move the needle, we have fun, we speak up, we draw strength from our team members. We embrace the change that is constant in our world.
- We are experts: We strive to deliver the highest quality of work to ourselves and our clients. We value our thinking and want to partner with clients in opportunities to move the needle.
- We are collaborators: We strive to improve our collective by sharing new ideas, skills, and perspectives. We work to partner across boundaries and keep minds and opens and we co-create our future.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without work authorization.
Journey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, care/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org