Experience Design Strategist
Are you ready for the Journey? We’re a global team of pioneers on a mission to create the next generation of customer experiences. We leverage our diverse range of thought leadership, deep subject matter expertise, and innovative capabilities to lead the Journey into the future of human experiences. Our people share a seeking, building, joyful ethos, attracting the best in reimagining the physical and creating new worlds and realities of the future.
ICRAVE, an award-winning strategy, interior and experience design firm, is looking for a talented, passionate, and dynamic Experience Design Strategist to join our team in NYC.
At ICRAVE, we encourage collaboration, and foster a vibrant work culture that is diverse, lively, balanced, and inspiring. Creativity is welcomed, and participation and fresh ideas are always expected.
ICRAVE is best known for its award-winning and groundbreaking built experiences. We work with developers, global brands, boutique upstarts, and leaders across entertainment, hospitality, retail, and healthcare sectors. Our solutions are driven by a strategic design process that balances business objectives with human centered experiences. At ICRAVE – our strategic work results in built solutions; we are committed to bringing thought to thing.
The Design Strategist will collaborate closely with studio leadership, architectural and interior designers, graphic designers and SME’s to co-author materials focused on exploring and identifying novel opportunities for our clients, their business, and their customers across a variety of project types.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a design or communication related field
- 3-5 years of experience conducting research, developing strategic narratives, proposing design direction, and/or writing for brands, organizations, or customer facing outlets
- Strong market research and presentation skills
- Strong conceptual thinking, met with rigor and purpose
- Strong documentation skills using MS PowerPoint and Adobe InDesign
- Experience with collaborative work platforms like Miro or Mural
- Experience working independently and with multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience self-managing deadlines and tasks
- Experience leading small collaborative work groups
- Experience presenting to and working directly with clients
- Experience creating brands from scratch.
- Experience working with established brands in retail, hospitality, entertainment, education, or healthcare industries is a plus.
Founded in 2022, Journey has quickly grown to over 200 employees through key acquisitions of leading companies across diverse industries and specialties. A world-renown architectural design firm, experts in conversational AI, an award-winning immersive studio, and a couple of metaverse strategy and gaming design pioneers have combined capabilities and expertise to form one Journey. With our diverse set of offerings, talents, experiences, and backgrounds across our globally distributed team, we’re now able to offer our brand partners an offering unlike any other. And we’re just getting started. We’re on a mission to lead the Journey toward shaping and creating the future of the human experience.
Our focus is on a creating a culture of support that is transparent, open, and flexible; an employee experience that attracts and grows the best and brightest talent. We are passionate about helping Journey's success through growth, empowerment, and retention of our best asset – YOU.
The six core Journey values embody our spirit and mindset. These values are embedded in our DNA and we always strive to demonstrate these values in the way we show up to work.
- We are explorers: We value curiosity, bravery, seeking knowledge, trying something new, failing, and trying again. We remain on an endless journey of discovery with always more to explore.
- We show up: We don’t wait for answers. We seek out solutions, we figure it out, we engage, we continue to learn, we ask questions, we are self starters.
- We are authentic: We don’t use jargon, we speak simply, we are reliable, we are honest, we are ego-less, we assume good, we respect others and their voice.
- We are fearless: We solve tough challenges, we move the needle, we have fun, we speak up, we draw strength from our team members. We embrace the change that is constant in our world.
- We are experts: We strive to deliver the highest quality of work to ourselves and our clients. We value our thinking and want to partner with clients in opportunities to move the needle.
- We are collaborators: We strive to improve our collective by sharing new ideas, skills, and perspectives. We work to partner across boundaries and keep minds and opens and we co-create our future.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without work authorization.
Journey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, care/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know at email@example.com
Our Mission & Values:
Journey is committed to creating a culture of support that is transparent, open, and flexible; we foster an employee experience that attracts the best and brightest talent.
Journey succeeds through the growth, empowerment, and retention of our greatest asset – You.
The six core Journey values embody our spirit and mindset. These values are embedded in our DNA, and we always strive to demonstrate them in everything we do.